Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We're Real Clients Too

We need our hairs done too!
Charisse from the salon helped me out with that a couple days ago.

In all my hair-doing years I've never used anything but Kadus or Redken on my hair, so when Charisse offered to do my hair using her color line, Schwarzkopf, I panicked just a bit. I find my hair to be a bit fickle and quite unpredictable, but Charisse assured me everything would be A-OK!


{before}


I wanted a more dramatic melt/ombre/cascade/meld color, so we formulated five colors, yup five. Talk about high maintenance!

We used a technique called Balayage, my new favorite thing to do, which doesn't fully saturate the hair, but rather sweeps the color onto the surface of the hair. We did this through the ends, so my old blondes were still somewhat there.

Charisse applied it as follows:

1/4" level four (dark, dark brown) warm chocolate
back combed at the line of demarcation (where she ended the color) to diffuse the color
3/4" level five (dark brown) warm chocolate
back combed at the line of demarcation
1" level six (brown) warm chocolate
back combed at the line of demarcation
Balayaged from line of demarcation with bleach in the back where my natural color still was
Balayaged from line of demarcation with level 10 in the front
Balayaged with bleach intermittently to brighten, specifically around my face.
Smudged a few of the bleached ends to fully saturate the color right at the tips

Balayage is typically used to transform hair to a more natural looking color pattern. Natural hair = deeper and darker at the roots; lighter and brighter at the ends, making this the ideal technique for the new hair color rage, ombre. Of course I had to be part of the rage...I just wanted to be like the cool kids. Ok?

Charissey washing out the many, many bowls

{after}
TA-DA!

Luh-uh-uh-ve it!

I'd so love to work this magic on someone else's head!
Any takers???

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hannah uses Schwartzkopf on me. Love it.

Ashley Thalman said...

I love the hair.
I want to take some pics of it.

Kar said...

Umm...yeah, me. I'll be your taker. I love it. I'm wondering though if it matters that my hair is so dark now, like a dark-reddish-brown-sometimes-purple-in-the-right-light kind of color. If that doesn't matter then I'm in.

karastice[at]gmail[dot]com

Also, that looks like an expensive process, so I may need to wait a paycheck or two, but email me with the price and the time this might take (I need to work around school...). I'm assuming I can just call Metropolitan Salon to set up an appointment with you? Or through you directly? Whatever is easier for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...